CARE & SAFETY GUIDE
Follow the steps below to maximise your board’s life:
1. Use freshwater to rinse saltwater off your board after each use.
2. Do not over flex your board – creasing may occur.
3. Avoid sharp objects which may cause damage to your board. Do not ride your boards onto rocks, reef or the shore.
4. Use the board bag supplied with this board, or another cover, to protect your board when you are not using it.
5. Excessive heat can cause delamination – keep your board out of direct sunlight and away from other sources of heat. Do not leave your board in or on a car on a hot day, and do not leave your board in direct sunlight or on hot sand. Keep your board in a cool, dry and shady place.
6. Use a leash, especially if you are surfing near rocks.
*At the end of your board’s life, don’t throw it in the trash - send it to us at suite 302 Bondi Road, Bondi, Sydney, NSW, Australia to be recycled and we’ll give you a 10% discount off your next Spooked Kooks board purchase.
Follow the steps below to maximise your life:
1. Know your limits - don’t go out in the waves if you are not a confident swimmer or in any waters in which you are unable to safely swim, including where rips or currents may be present.
2. Do not surf alone, but…
3. …always maintain a safe distance from other surfers.
4. Give way if someone is already on a wave and always check your inside for other surfers when paddling for a wave.
5. Your own safety is paramount but help a fellow surfer or swimmer if doing so would not put you in danger.
6. Keep it chill and fun – share the waves!
7. Adult supervision is recommended for use of a Spooked Kooks board by anyone under 16 years of age.